Thursday, April 04, 2019: 2:00pm - 3:30pm - Back Bay AB: Papers: What is memory on the Web?
Vania Ramírez Islas, Ministry of Culture, Mexico
Published paper: Paradigm Shift: Museums of Mexico
In 2018, the Culture Digital Agenda launched the Museos de México (Museums of Mexico) project, a digital development that renews the digital collections of seven major museums under the Ministry of Culture, adapting them to best international practices. Through this project, these museums have improved the management of their digital collections through a management system that linked documentation, curators, conservation, educational services, and public outreach areas. The system is based on a collections manager developed by Collective Access and supported by a shared data structure to standardize and bring into alignment the information created by the institutions. Finally, the project offers visitors the opportunity to enhance their experience prior to and after their museum visit through an attractive, easy-to-use, dynamic graphic interface different for each museum and that responds to the types of content and curatorial approaches created by the managers and researchers of these museums.
● Cashmore, P. (2012). “Why 2013 is the year of responsive web design.” Published December 11, 2012.
● Gorgels, P. (2013). “Rijksstudio: Make Your Own Masterpiece!” In Museums and the Web 2013, N. Proctor & R. Cherry (eds.). Silver Spring, MD: Museums and the Web. Published on January 28, 2013. Available at: http://mw2013.museumsandtheweb.com/paper/rijksstudio-make-your-own-masterpiece/
● John Stack (2013) “Tate Digital Strategy 2013–15: Digital as a Dimension of Everything,” Tate Papers, no.19. Available at: http://www.tate.org.uk/research/publications/tate-papers/19/tate-digital-strategy-2013-15-digital-as-a-dimension-of-everythi.
● Pantoja, Javier (2016). “The new Prado Museum website: A (semantic) challenge.” MW2016: Museums and the Web 2016. Published June 28, 2016. Available at: http://mw2016.museumsandtheweb.com/paper/the-new-prado-museum-website-a-semantic-challenge/
● ICOM/CIDOC Documentation Standards Group. “CIDOC Conceptual Reference Model.” Version 6.2.3, 2018. Available at: http://www.cidoc-crm.org/Version/version-6.2.3-0