Friday, April 05, 2019: 9:00am - 10:30am - Independence East West: Papers: How do we open online collections?
Kelly Fitzpatrick, Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society, Harvard University, USA
This lightning talk will present Searching, Browsing, and Filtering Open Access Content in Digital Collections, published as part of the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society Medium Collection in August 2018. This presentation will share current practices for highlighting open access content through search, browse, and filter tools in GLAM (Gallery, Library, Archive, and Museum) digital collections.
1. Collection, The Metropolitan Museum of Art (Archived August 5, 2018). (https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/)
2. Europeana Collections, Europeana (Archived August 9, 2018). (https://www.europeana.eu/portal/en/)
3. NYPL Digital Collections, New York Public Library (NYPL). (https://digitalcollections.nypl.org/)
4. Collection, J. Paul Getty Museum (Archived August 5, 2018). (http://www.getty.edu/art/collection/)
5. Open Content Program, J. Paul Getty Museum. (http://www.getty.edu/about/whatwedo/opencontent.html)
Overview of Related Prior Work: